Friday, April 30, 2010

Putting a Hole In Your Tongue. WHY?

I was standing in line at Wal-Mart when I over heard two high school age girls talking. The one was excited because her parents were going to pay for her to get her tongue pierced as a graduation present. Of all the things someone could give as a graduation gift a hole in some one's tongue would have never crossed my mind. Let me just say, I don't get it. My entire life I have always tried to avoid doing anything that might make me accidentally put a hole in my tongue or any other part of my body. SO why would anyone pay someone to put a hole in their tongue? I have talked to many people with a hole in their tongue to try to get some insight to this trend, but I have yet to get an answer that makes any sense.
CW, many of her family members and most of her friends has a hole in their tongue, and they love taking pictures together with their tongues stuck out. I think it makes most of them talk funny and they look stupid with their tongue hanging out in pictures. CW finally decided to remove the tongue barbell thingy. She also removed the ring through her lower lip a long time ago. I guess every one has to grow up sometime. I think these people with piercings enjoy pain and if that is the case I would be happy to put some holes in them for free. I keep offering,free holes to CW, but she always turns me down.

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean I don't get it either. It is also very unprofessional!

    ReplyDelete
  2. im sure i speak for the others who like to get pierced when i say, just because we have them, doesnt make us stupid or look that way or unprofessional. i guess the piercers and the others wont ever see eye to eye . . . like i've always been taught,"opinions are like @$*holes and everybody's got one"!

    ReplyDelete