Thursday, April 29, 2010

Smelly Cars

For reasons I don't have time to explain I had to switch vehicles with C.W. for a few days. Her idea not mine. C.W. doesn't like cleaning her van any more than she likes cleaning anything else so just let me say I was grateful that my trip to work is short. Driving her fairly new van that was full of junk and garbage made me think about all the people I have known and loved in my life time that drive vehicles that are like rolling garbage cans or storage containers full of junk. I also thought about the fact that car manufactures should specially design a vehicle for people that have to haul small kids around. This vehicle should be designed so you can just hose it out weekly. Everything in it should be plastic coated and stuck on with the strongest adhesive possible. And for the sake of the driver it should include one of those windows behind the driver like a limo has so the grown ups in the front seat don't have to hear what is going on behind them.
I am actually used to riding in vehicles that are smelly, sticky and full of junk since at least two of my four sisters seem to have an unspoken competition to see which one can allow their kids to mess up the interior of their cars the worst. A third sister has a neat new car these days, but when she was younger she had the scariest car of all and she didn't even have kids to help her mess it up. As a matter of fact, once when she was stopped for a routine speeding ticket (yes, I do mean a routine speeding ticket, she has gotten about 30 of them in her life time and it is quite routine for her to get them), the police officer decided to bring out a drug sniffing dog to sniff around her car. Now my sister will drive fast, but she doesn't use drugs. Well, the police dog got excited and barked at her backseat floor board area then ate something he found. The cop went nuts on my sister saying she better tell him what his dog had found and eaten. My sister said well shine the flashlight down their and let me see what he might have gotten. Then she started to laugh because the dog had eaten the rest of a Big Mack she had thrown on the floor two days earlier.
I have noticed that sometimes even people with neat clean houses will have nasty vehicles, and sometimes people with spotless shinny vehicles will have dirty houses. My car is like me. It looks old on the outside, but it runs strong and is in pretty good shape on the inside. Well I guess I need to crawl around C.W.'s van and figure out were that bad smell is coming from It shouldn't be anything too horrific since both the kids and cats are all accounted for.

No comments:

Post a Comment