Thursday, April 15, 2010

And baby makes 5

Lots of people thought we were crazy to let them stay in our house. Of course, we didn't care what they thought. The best advise I got was, keep your mouth shut because when that baby gets here you won't care about anything else. And I knew that was probably true.
SO, on a sunny day in June the newest love in my life was born and because I was a teacher I had the whole summer to bond with her. She was a big baby, she weighed over 10 pounds and was delivered by c-section. CW came home jumped on the bathroom scale and screamed. She had only lost 20 of the 65 pounds she had put on. She said, "I thought you would drop at least 50 pounds delivering a baby." She looked sad, took a pain pill and shuffled off to bed.
I wish I could tell you that it was a wonderful summer, but it wasn't exactly. That little baby girl cried all the time. Well, actually screamed. And the more I tried to step back and let her parents learn to deal with her the more she screamed and the more CW cried and my son pleaded with me to do something. Finally, after dealing with several feeding issues, including CW's frustrated unsuccessful attempts at breast feeding. We resorted to a special baby formula that was 25 dollars a can. It must have had been mixed with gold spoons or something. Finally, by the end of the summer baby girl was starting to cry less and sleep more. We convinced CW to get on meds for postpartum depression, and she decided to attend school to be a cosmetologist in the fall. And we made a commitment to live together for another year while CW attended school so we could help with the baby and provide transportation.

No comments:

Post a Comment