Monday, August 16, 2010

Bloody Feet

Recently CW and our Son went to Epcot Center. This was a behind the scene tour that was work related for Son, but he was welcome to bring CW with him. He told CW that there would be a lot of walking involved and that it would be hot. When it was time to leave their hotel for the tour CW came down stairs in high heeled shoes. My Son said honey go up stairs and put on some different shoes, or you are going to be miserable. CW said, "I am not changing my shoes, I will be fine, Let's just GO!" So off to Epcot they went. After about half an hour CW started to quietly grumble that her feet hurt. After about an hour she was desperately trying to find some place to sit down every few feet. After 2 hours she said I can't walk any more in these shoes. Son said, Oh do your feet hurt? Well that's too bad. After 3 hours she begged Son to buy her a different pair of shoes to wear. He said if we can find some that aren't too expensive I will get you some. Then he offered to take off his socks so she could try wearing his socks to keep her shoes from rubbing on her feet. Needless to say the whole time she is suffering Son is delighting in it because CW is always extremely hard  headed and doesn't take advice from anyone usually. Finally, after about 4 hours she tried walking in just the socks with her shoes off. She had blisters the size of large grapes popping up on her feet and she was beyond cranky. They wanted to ride one more ride before leaving Epcot and while standing in line a young zit faced  Disney employee that was in charge of the line for the ride told CW to put her shoes back on.  CW said, my feet are bleeding and I am not putting my shoes back on! The park employee threatened to call security if she didn't put her shoes on. CW glared at the punk and said when you call security tell them to bring something to take me out to my car because I am not walking if I don't have to. AND you better go back to your little line leader job before you get in trouble. As they were leaving the park they saw a stand with flip flops and CW got an over priced pair of pink Minnie Mouse flip flops. Hopefully, she learned a lesson about being so hard headed, though I highly doubted it!

No comments:

Post a Comment